Automation of setup-key

Hello,

I am validating pritunl for our company, but we require 100% automation possibility in our portfolio. We have up-to 20k remote users that are connecting daily and we wanna get rid of our old vendor for remote access VPN.

Now to the problem I have : [NOTE : I started with free version, but we already ordered 1 validating enterprise license as well - because only enterprise include features we wanna use …]

• I wrote playbook to deploy pritunl on linux server, this is working fine
  • Now we have steps on page Configuration (pritunl.com) to follow and we run into problem.
  • We need to automate process of one-time configuration via CLI command, we don’t wanna do it using webUI.

Working scenario :

• I used CLI command “pritunl setup-key” to generate key
  • I opened webUI and I put the ID there.
  • then I run command “pritunl default-password”
  • I went back to webUI and login

Not working scenario :

• I used CLI command “pritunl setup-key” to generate key
  • I used CLI command ‘pritunl set-mongodb “mongodb://localhost:27017/pritunl”’
  • then I run command “pritunl default-password”
  • I went back to webUI, but it was still requesting setup-key
    [NOTE : I was unable to find any command to apply setup-key using CLI or REST-API].

Can you please help me ?

The setup key is only used for configuring the server from the web console. The service needs to be restarted after setting the MongoDB URI from the CLI.

I restarted service, but everytime I load the pritunl page, it is redirecting me back to the page where it asks for setup-key. Therefore I think, it require this key to be inserted somewhere in config …