How to auto attach host to server

Hi, I try to scale pritunl by autoscaling group in AWS and I don’t understand how to set auto attach? Because after setup pritunl I should do manual attach to server. I tried to look for flag for “pritunl set” but I couldn’t

There is no command to attach servers to host. It isn’t recommended to use autoscaling for VPN servers.

1 Like

Hey Zach, why it isn’t recommended to use autoscaling for VPN servers?

Every time a host is added or removed the client configuration needs to be updated and active connections will stop when a host is shutdown. Unless the number of employees is constantly changing at an unpredictable rate there shouldn’t be a need for autoscaling. There is no way to direct new connections to a newly added host, the client will always select a host randomly. Attempting to autoscale will result in an unbalanced spread of connections. Without a good understanding of the system it will likely just result in unexpected downtime. There’s also no option to change the replication count while the server is running, it will need to be set to maximum number of hosts expected to be attached.

1 Like