New GUI: no way to edit the config

Old GUI allowed me to edit my config. For example, I needed to add mssfix to make our VPN work in networks where its traffic is internally routed via a VPN.

I switched to new the new GUI, which no longer allows me to edit my config. And there is no way to switch back to old GUI.

Please consider it a feature request for allowing to view and edit the config in new GUI, or allowing to switch back to old GUI because of lack of feature parity between old and new GUI.

The locations of the profiles are listed below and end in .ovpn. The profile ID is shown in the profile settings.

Linux User: ~/.config/pritunl/profiles/
Linux System: /var/lib/pritunl-client/profiles/
macOS User: ~/Library/Application Support/pritunl/profiles/
macOS System: /var/lib/pritunl-client/profiles/
Windows User: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\pritunl\profiles\
Windows System: C:\ProgramData\Pritunl\profiles\

Hi @zach. Thanks for showing us where the profile files are stored.

I have now imported my .ovpn file after adding mssfix 1300 setting. But with a TCP Dump I still don’t see the updated MTU value.

I have used the same .ovpn file in Tunnelblick and it’s working fine. Is there still an issue with the Pritunl client with picking up the mssfix value? I thought it was fixed a few releases ago?

I am on version 1.3.3785.81 on MacOS.

The service profiles are cached in the service and the client profiles are cached in the client. Exit the client and unload the service than edit the files and start the service again.

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.pritunl.service.plist
sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.pritunl.service.plist

The provided solution is just a workaround. I can’t imagine trying to help someone, especially non-technical people, making a proper change to troubleshoot their VPN problems and having them edit files in their filesystem or reloading services.

We need a way to edit the config in the new interface, or switch back to the old interface.

Please consider it a feature request for allowing to view and edit the config in new GUI, or allowing to switch back to old GUI because of lack of feature parity between old and new GUI.

Hi, thanks again.

This solution fails as well. It’s almost as if the default mssfix value is not being overwritten? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

That option actually isn’t in the filter at pritunl-client-electron/service/parser
/ovpn.go
. This restricts the available options to help prevent privilege escalation vulnerabilities. I have added it so it will be available in the next release.

It is an option in the server settings with an enterprise subscription. I have moved the option to the free version but this won’t be available until the next release. You can open the server settings click advanced. Open Chrome Developer Tools and find the Connection MTU field and remove the CSS to display: none.