Pritunl Windows client fails to detect that WireGuard is installed

I’ve had several users that has had trouble getting the client to work with wireguard.
They install Wireguard and then the pritunl client, but when they import a profile they only see a connect button not the OpenVPN and wireguard button. The issues has eventually been solved doing a bunch of reinstalls and reboots.

How do pritunl detect if wireguard is installed?
Is there a way to troubleshoot this more effectively?

Cheers,

The GetWgPath() function in profile/utils.go determines if the client has WireGuard. On Windows it looks for wg.exe in the paths. This may be fixed by restarting the computer after installing WireGuard.

I had this kind of issue for the GitHub Project Pritunl Client GitHub Action a few weeks ago, lately, I found the quick and easiest solution without restarting the whole machine is to restart the pritunl Windows Service.

WireGuard installation updates to the System Environment Variables path take effect immediately, and it should be available in your Windows Machine. The pritunl service was only unable to determine it.

Terminal: Using PowerShell:

powershell.exe -Command "Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock { net stop 'pritunl' ; net start 'pritunl' }"
## Or
powershell.exe -Command "Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock { sc.exe stop 'pritunl' ; sc.exe start 'pritunl' }"
## Or
powershell.exe -Command "Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock { Restart-Service -Force -Name 'pritunl' }"

GUI: Windows Services:

1. Open the Start menu, type “Services” and select “Services” App
  2. Find the Pritunl Client Helper Service with a service name pritunl
  3. Then Restart the service.

Idea:
It would also be great to have this Reload Service Option available to the Client in future releases.