Unable to communicate with background service

Hey, I am using pritunl in Windows 10, when opening it, I get a message stating.

Unable to communicate with background service, try restarting computer  

Going into services.msc when I try to restart the service, I get an error stating:

Windows could not start service in local computer. The service did not return an error this could be an internal windows error or internal service error.

I have tried:

• Killing all Pritunl programs from task manager

• Restarting computer

• Uninstalling Pritunl, restarting pc, installing again (didn’t work even once, guy on Stack overflow said this helped him once, but it came back)

• I’ve tried the steps mentioned here

• Deleting log files, like stated here<

I believe maybe another service can be interfering, but I have no idea how to find that out. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

This occurred when the Visual C++ Redistributable is not installed on the computer. The latest release is packaged with the required library. Pritunl Client v1.2.3128.59 fixed this issue but an issue with GitHub pages prevented the page from building causing the homepage to link to the previous version. The homepage has now been updated to link to the fixed release.

I have this exact issue with the latest release: 1.3.3484.2.
Would be nice to know which Visual C++ redis is necessary, so we could install it manually as a workaround?

The first installer link on that page includes Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022. The specific file required is vcruntime140.dll or Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable.

I’m having this exact issue in version 1.3.3600
OS Manjaro Linux x86_64