Unable to import profile

Hello,

I have successfully added multiple Pritunl hosts to a Pritunl server as well as installed HAProxy for load balancing following this article: Load Balancing

After running the required load balancing commands on the primary Pritunl server and created a HAProxy config, I am able to access the Pritunl web interface via HAProxy.

The issue seems to be when I try to use the Pritunl client. When I attempt to import a Pritunl profile, I receive and error saying: Client Error: Unable to verify the first certificate.

The certificate is a public wildcard certificate configured in HAProxy and there are no certificate errors when accessing the Pritunl web server.

I am not able to determine what certificate the Pritunl client is referring to or if there was a simple step I missed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I was able to resolve my issue.

Seems like Pritunl needs the entire SSL certificate chain in the certificate before it will accept the credentials.

The changes (in my case), had to be made in HAProxy. I had to edit my wildcard public SSL certificate that HAProxy was using and add my SSL root certificate chain to the end of the file. The end file should look something like this:

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
[Your private key]
-----END PRIVATE KEY-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
[Your certificate]
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
[Intermidate#1 certificate]
[Intermidate#2 certificate]
[Root certificate]

I then saved the .pem certificate, restarted HAProxy and I was able to import and connect using HAProxy.

Hopefully, this helps someone in the future.

Thanks

Certificates should always include the certificate chain for full browser support. Some web browsers including the electron browser included with client may not have the intermediate CAs.